WoW 10.0.7 Destruction Warlock Guide
Last modified 1 day ago
2-Piece: Chaos Maelstrom
(2) Set Bonus: Consuming Soul Shards has a chance to grant you Chaos Maelstrom, increasing your critical strike chance by 10% for 10 seconds.
Mythic +: B
4-Piece: Critical Strike Increase
(4) Set Bonus: Your critical strikes deal 208% damage instead of the usual 200%.
Mythic +: C+
Horn of Valor
Eye of Skovald
Equip based trinket with baseline Critical Strike and a strong damage effect in both Single Target and AOE.
Equip based trinket that brings baseline Intellect and a stacking Critical Strike buff.
Whispering Incarnate Icon
A "very rare" equip based trinket that bring Intellect and Critical Strike. Gains additional value when paired with allies wearing the same trinket.
Equip based trinket that brings baseline Intellect and a strong damage based effect. Your best equip based option outside of Mythic Incarnate Icon.
On Use based trinket with a 3 minute cooldown that brings a large amount if Intellect which diminishes after every cast.
1.5 minute on-use trinket that provides a large amount of Crit and baseline Intellect. A strong on-use option for Destruction.
It is VERY important to note that this is a rough outline of desired secondary stats. Your stat weights will be different than others due to varying gear sets and other external factors. The best way to tell what your own stat weights are is a raidbots.com Top Gear sim with Gems and Enchants taken into account. If you don't want to do that then you can just follow this.
Gear, Consumables and Enchants
Personal - Timely Demise
Raid - Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak
While Feasts are better in every sense they are also very expensive to craft and typically not used outside of raiding.
Phial- Phial of Elemental Chaos
This is your best, all around option outside of niche settings.
Potion - Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power
This is your best option however each potion costs 1 Primal Chaos.
Weapon - Howling Rune
Howling Runes grant you Haste when consumed, similar to Weapons Oils from Shadowlands.ath.
Enchants and Gems
Weapon - Sophic Devotion
Cloak - Graceful Avoidance
Chest - Waking Stats
Bracers - Devotion of Avoidance
Legs - Frozen Spellthread
Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
Rings - Devotion of Haste
Quick Ysemerald - Pure Haste
Keen Ysemerald - Major Haste/Minor Mastery
Fierce Illimited Diamond - Primary Stat and Haste (1)
The openers and rotations listed below are what you want to follow in a normal opener and setting. At times these may change due to fight mechanics or needing to hold CDs.
1. Precast Soulfire (if talented)
2. Summon Infernal (Trinkets, Potions and Racials)
4. Chaos Bolt
6. Chaos Bolt
Resume normal/Madness rotation
*Cast Soulfire on CD (if talented)
Soulfire applies Immolate and will also have its CD reduced when you are attacking targets below 50% health. Be sure to cast in on CD when in these "execute" settings.
1. Cataclysm (if not talented, apply Immolates)
2. Channel Demonfire (if talented)
3. Summon Infernal (Trinkets, Potions and Racials)
4. Rain of Fire
7. Chaos Bolt/Rain of Fire Spam
Rain of Fire is a DPS gain at 3 or more targets outside of Havoc. It is a DPS gain at 5 or more targets inside a Havoc window. This will determine whether your Havoc is used to build shards via Conflagrate and Incinerate, or to cast Chaos Bolts.
Filler Rotation and Madness of the Az'Aqir Windows
Outside of major CD's Destructions rotation is very simple. You want to maintain Immolate while filling with Conflagrate/Incinerate casts to generate Soul Shards and Chaos Bolt to spend them. A few important things to remember are...
If playing a Madness build
1. Be sure to not overcap on shards, which can be challenging at times during your Infernal window.
2. You want to cast Chaos Bolts in mini "dump windows" which could look something along the lines of
This ensures you get both the CDR from Madness as well as the damage increase it brings. You typically approach said window by building to 3.5+ shards and then dumping based on Soul Conduit refunds and shard generation. You do not want to Madness buff to drop until you are finished casting Chaos Bolts, and begin building shards once more.
3. During periods of excessive shard generation or Soul Conduit refunds it is fine to cast multiple Chaos Bolts back to back, to avoid overcapping on shards.
There are a couple different ways to use your Havoc window which depends on the setting you are in. At times it will be used for shard generation to fuel more Rain of Fire casts. If you are looking to use Havoc in a setting where there are two targets, there are a few general guidelines you can follow.
1. Try to enter the Havoc window with 2.5-3.5 Soul Shards.
2. Apply Immolate to both targets as long as they are going to live for 6+ seconds.
3. Be sure to apply Roaring Blaze (if talented) by Casting Conflagrate ASAP.
4. Be sure to not shard cap and be mindful of shard generation with Conflagrate/Incinerate casts.